Saturday, March 03, 2007

More Heartbreak on MPIP :(

I was so upset and floored to visit MPIP (Melanoma Patient's Information Page) these last couple days....
The first very, very sad news was to hear that Joyce, who posted there as "Kawrider" had passed.
Today, I popped on the computer for the first time in a couple of days and was heartbroken all the more to read that Heather is gone. Two completely amazing, strong and inspirational women and just all around beautiful people are no longer here on this Earth to light it up....
So very, very sad....
While I didn't know either one of them personally, or even through email on phone conversations, they both have made a huge impact on me, as I am sure countless other melanoma warriors.
I HATE this friggin' disease. It has robbed this earth of too many; stolen lives, and people dear to their loved ones.
Tragic. There is no better word.
Yet in the wake of these losses, it cannot be denied the countless numbers of people near and far that are and have been touched and forever changed by these incredible people that fought this disease. To say they "Lost" the battle would not begin to give them justice. They are now free.

Joyce and Heather, you will never be forgotten.

3 comments:

Bijoy said...

interesting stuff you have got here keep up the good work. be in touch

regards Biby - Blog

Carver said...

Hi Shannon,

I think I know what you mean. They are free and lost doesn't cover it for me either.

As ever, Carver

Anonymous said...

I know this saddness must have hit you very hard. I guess I ws kind of hoping you wouldn't see the posts but alas, I should know better. I agree with you they are free and the world has not lost them but those that loved them while on earth will always love them and they will be in their hearts forever. Forever!
always thinking of you,
sue