Friday, October 13, 2006

Freedom of the mind

I have always loved to draw...I believe my mother has pictures that I drew when I was as small as two years old. That particular picture is of a cow, if I remember correctly, and was quite frightening...
Drawing can get me in a zone...get my mind focused only on the subject of my drawing or painting...and off of other things...Kind of liberating...
The pic of my sister's basset hound, Abby, as a puppy was my most recent (last spring), and before that, it was hummingbirds...Melanoma, and all the incredible people fighting it inspired me to draw them...
Some of these other pictures date back as far as 15 or more years ago, like the one of my sis (above) when we were both little...Drew the pic when I was about 18 though...
Just realized I hadn't done any artwork lately....Figured it was far past time for me to pick up the pencils and paints again.....

2 comments:

Carver said...

Wow Shannon,

Your art is amazing. You are so talented. I hope you will be doing some drawing and painting in between the sucky treatments. I will look forward to seeing more of your art.

As ever, Carver

Jackie said...

You are SOOO talented, girl! Thanks for sharing your artwork with us! Good luck on the ILP. Kick Mel's butt. :)