Monday, October 16, 2006

Scanxiety


Scan time is upon me once again. Tomorrow I have to hit the imaging place at 7:45 in the morning to have an MRI of my brain and finally get to experience what this cage like contraption will feel like on my skull, in addition to being holed up in a tube for an hour listening to all manner of banging, buzzing, ringing, etc. If I am lucky, they will give me the big ear muff sized headphones that will, I am sure, be blasting some sleepy, draggy easy listening music (that sounds more like nails on a chalkboard to me instead of inducing a relaxed state of mind) into my auditory canals...Well, maybe not with the brain MRI...not sure as I have not had the pleasure of having one of them done before now....
Then when that is all done, it is back out to the waiting area to drink some delectable oral contrast fluid for the CT scan; always look forward to drinking that down...my mouth is watering just thinking about that bitter, supposed to be orange flavored--but not!- substance just oozing down my throat...NOT!! Most of the time I just slam both huge cups of that nasty concoction....Well, okay...maybe the second HUGE cup isn't quite as easy to choke down in a quick series of gulps...
I must say I am a whole magnitude of order more edgy about this batch of scans than any other set I have had up to this date in time...
Anyway, I must confess, that I am rather edgy today to say the least...and wishing for something to mellow out my fried nerves...
Okay...guess there is my vent for the day.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah, Shannon, I just wish I could make it all go away. I feel your frazzeled state of mind. Hoping for all clear scans. Hugs and more hugs. sue

Carver said...

Hi Shannon,

I hope the scans weren't too awful and that you get the results soon (good ones of course). When I've been asked what kind of music I want during MRI's, I always say anything EXCEPT easy listening so I could relate to your not wanting vapid music which to me is worse than the MRI noise. I hope it wasn't too awful for you today. Take care, Carver

Anonymous said...

Glad to see you bloggin'...I often think of you and wonder how you are doing.
Glad that MRI is over...the waiting really bites though.
A bunch of good thoughts are headed right at 'cha.
Love, Kim in Birmingham, AL
PS I absolutely love your drawings! The hound dog ear...looks just as silky as my Beaglez!