Sunday, November 19, 2006

We danced....


And danced....and danced.
The wedding was absolutely beautiful.
My husband's cousin, who is a couple years younger than I am, just got married this past Friday. She and her new husband make a wonderful couple. Two great people coming together to share the rest of their lives through whatever life has in store for them...She was stunning, the wedding was beautiful and amazing...and we were there to celebrate with her and the rest of our family...and for that, I am so unbelievably happy and thankful.
We laughed...we cried...and if I haven't mentioned it enough, made sure we got our asses out there on that dancefloor....numerous times..HAH!
In a word, it was incredible.
I did have a few people show concern and worry over how much I was or was not propping my foot up, and I love them so much for it...and of course, a few times I was a good girl, so I did...
But that night...it was all about fun...fully being in the moment. Living.
I was telling a couple of our loved ones that I did not care if I paid for this tomorrow...it was so worth it!!
And to be totally honest, I did pay for it...but only a little...and as I expected it to be, I still thought it was so much more than worth it.
Take THAT melanoma!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's the fighting spirit...doin great! I am so glad you were able to enjoy an evening with family and friends and danced your heart out..remember, this is something you never thought you'd be able to do...one of those small graces among many huge ones. You are full of life! I am so happy for you.
hugs, sue

Carver said...

Hi Shannon,

You look fabulous! I love the picture of you and your husband and I am so glad you got to dance and have such fun. Best wishes, Carver